31 August 2017

.one more evening walk.


I felt like I could walk forever last night - or like I HAD to walk forever. To walk until I released something or figured something out. I hiked up the sunset trail by my house, it has become my favorite place, a beautiful hillside of pinkish/mauve dirt covered with golden grasses mixed with pale sage and flashes of bright yellow flowers. The sun was setting giving a warm golden glow to the valley and as I hiked up the sky slowly burst into an electric fire illuminating the sky with lavender/pinks contrasting into deepening fuchsia and vibrant yellow/oranges as the sun sank deep into the Sawtooth mountains - one last hurray before a day was over! 

These moment - the impermeance/the intensity/the magic remind me what a gift this ride is and I have to be awake to see the real wonder + beauty because it's tiny succession of moments pieced together.

As I walked the dirt path winding around the hillside I felt sad, like this place wasn't what I had planned. It was something beautiful and important and challenging and uncomfortable but nothing that I'd planned or expected, it was however just what I needed.

I was listening to Caroline Myss the other day and she said if you're feeling lost - it's a good sign - the best sign because it means you don't know what's going on which means you are shifting into a new pattern - a new paradigm (understanding). I thought that was so beautiful! I started walking down the hillside as dusk was setting in feeling excited to explore more of the open lands of the west as I head to the dense east but feeling lost at the same time. I'm grateful for the newness that will be open to me because of it!

Tomorrow is the day! Heading east with the first stop in the Tetons!!

No comments: